French-speaking Museum professionals from the Caribbean region can now apply to participate in the five-day workshop on Disaster Risk Management to be held in Martinique from 11 to 15 May 2020.
The workshop is the result of collaboration between ICOM, the Museum Association of the Caribbean (MAC), and the “Collectivité Territoriale de Martinique”. It will be supported by the National Museum of African American History & Culture – Smithsonian Institution and the French Ministry of Culture.
The objective of the programme is to strengthen the capacities of museum professionals to identify and mitigate risks, and to respond effectively to emergencies and crises. Through participatory activities, seminars and lectures, the workshop is also offering a space for dialogue and reflection between museum professionals of the region and with experts from other countries. A series of grants will be offered to all participants.
To apply for this programme, candidates should meet the following criteria:
- Occupy middle-management position in a recognised museum in the Caribbean region (see list of countries and territories below);
- Be member of ICOM or MAC or committing to join the organisations if selected;
- Fluent in French;
Two types of grants will be offered to ensure the participation of the selected participants:
For museum professionals coming from countries and territories included in the list below (except those living in Martinique) the programme will cover:
- participation costs;
- roundtrip economy-class air/boat ticket;
- hotel accommodation with breakfast;
- Lunches and coffee breaks.
For participants living in Martinique:
- participation costs;
- lunches and coffee breaks.
Visa costs, insurance coverage and other expenses not explicitly stated above are at the expense of the participants.
Applications must be accompanied by the following documents in French:
- A motivation statement (one page);
- A Curriculum Vitae of the applicant indicating training, work experience and current work responsibilities (two pages maximum);
- A letter of recommendation from the director of the applicant’s institution;
- A copy of the first page of the passport, or National Identity Card for those living in Martinique. (IMPORTANT: Your passport needs to be valid at least until 30 December 2020);
- Proof of payment of 2019 ICOM or MAC membership fees, if applicable (copy of the ICOM card with 2019 sticker or official document from the National Committee).
All applications should be submitted by filling the online form before midnight (CET+1), February 4 2020.
List of countries and territories:
- Commonwealth of Dominica
- St Vincent and the Grenadines
- French Guyane
- Dominican Republic
- Saint Lucia
- Saint-Kitts and Nevis
- Collectivité de Saint-Martin
- Sint Maarten
- Trinidad and Tobago
- Antigua and Barbuda