ICOM solidarity projects
ICOM Announces 2024 SAREC Special Projects Grants and Solidarity Projects
ICOM has set general guidelines to ensure the successful application of participants. Proposals should emphasise the relevance of projects to ICOM’s strategic plan, clarity of objectives, cooperation with other bodies, innovation and a sustainable approach.
The application deadline for both calls is January 15, 2024, at 23:59 CET. Results of the applications will be communicated in March 2024. For any inquiries or assistance with the application process, please contact email@example.com.
ICOM invites all its National Committees (NCs), International Committees (ICs), Regional Alliances (RAs) and Affiliated Organisations (AOs) to participate in these calls for projects.
For detailed guidelines and further information, please visit your ICOM Member Space.
THE PROJECTS SUPPORTED IN 2021
- Clothing the Pandemic: Resiliency, Community & Unity Expressed through an International Collaboration of the COVID-19 Facemask Project
By ICOM Costume, in collaboration with ICOM Canada, ICME, ICOM CC
- The noises we are: the sound heritage of the Andes
By ICOM Ecuador, in collaboration with CECA, ICOM Bolivia, ICOM Uruguay, ICOM El Salvador
- “Solidarity, museums: what are we talking about?” – Cycle of 10 sessions on digital platform
By ICOM France, in collaboration with CIMUSET, ICOM Finland, ICOM Greece, ICOM Israel
- Museum to go
By ICOM Costa Rica in collaboration with ICOM LAC, ICEE, ICOM Guatemala, ICOM Dominican Republic, ICOM Chile, ICOM Venezuela
- HELP/Heritage education new web formats and free licenses opportunities for dissemination, co-creation and open data
By ICOM Italy in collaboration with ICOM Czech Republic, ICOM Portugal, ICOM Working Group on Sustainability
ICOM Italy Youtube channel free lessons of HELP MOOC
- Global Museum Leadership Study and Knowledge Platform
Y INTERCOM in collaboration with ICOFOM, ICOM Czech Republic, ICOM India, ICOM Zambia, ICOM SEE
- Museum Tendencies and Perspectives: Focus on Lithuania and Latvia
By ICOM Latvia in collaboration with ICOM Lithuania
Lithuanian and Latvian museum sector experience during COVID 19 restrictions and museums potential to attract regional audiences
Museums and Tourism: Tendencies and Perspectives Latvia’s Experience During the Pandemic
5 video interviews in collaboration with museum staff in Latvia: Museum “Riga Art Nouveau Centre”, Roja Sea Fishery Museum, Liepāja Museum, Bauska Museum, Museum “House of Aspazija”
- Ethical Collecting during the Pandemic: a shared space for museum professionals
By COMCOL in collaboration with IC ETHICS
- Virtual Museum Mediation: A Necessary Adaptation of Methods
By ICOM Belgium in collaboration with CECA
- Training the Trainers – Facilitated Workshops to train leaders in Conservation Risk Assessment (CRA)
By ICOM-CC in collaboration with DRMC, ICMS, ICTOP, INTERCOM
- The COVID19 Challenge: Museums and their digital engagement in times of crises
By MPR in collaboration with AVICOM, ICOM Germany
- Women artisans, weaving their memories through the forests of the Amazon. “Made with heart”
By ICOM Bolivia in collaboration with ICOM Peru, ICOM Ecuador
The ICOM Strategic Allocation Review Committee (SAREC) is intended to review the subvention applications submitted to ICOM by its Committees, Regional Alliances and Affiliated Organisations as they relate to the frame of the organisation’s Strategic Plan and based on their capacity of implementation while reaching their objectives with full consumption of the given funds.
Its tasks cover on the one hand the subventions for International Committees and Regional Alliances and on the other hand, the assessment of projects in order to review all the requests with the most comprehensive and strategic vision.