ICOM solidarity projects
ICOM is offering a Solidarity Project Grants round to support the work of its members who are facing conflicts, natural disasters or other crises, and are helping or supporting victims and sufferers.
ICOM had launched in October 2020 a call to its committees to receive project proposals related to the challenges raised by the current pandemic and museums’ resilience following the COVID-19 crisis.
The call was addressed to National and International Committees, Regional Alliances and Affiliated Organisations and sought to favour projects bringing together numerous committees in order to foster cooperation.
THE PROJECTS SUPPORTED IN 2021
- Clothing the Pandemic: Resiliency, Community & Unity Expressed through an International Collaboration of the COVID-19 Facemask Project
By ICOM Costume, in collaboration with ICOM Canada, ICME, ICOM CC
- The noises we are: the sound heritage of the Andes
By ICOM Ecuador, in collaboration with CECA, ICOM Bolivia, ICOM Uruguay, ICOM El Salvador
- “Solidarity, museums: what are we talking about?” – Cycle of 10 sessions on digital platform
By ICOM France, in collaboration with CIMUSET, ICOM Finland, ICOM Greece, ICOM Israel
- Museum to go
By ICOM Costa Rica in collaboration with ICOM LAC, ICEE, ICOM Guatemala, ICOM Dominican Republic, ICOM Chile, ICOM Venezuela
- HELP/Heritage education new web formats and free licenses opportunities for dissemination, co-creation and open data
By ICOM Italy in collaboration with ICOM Czech Republic, ICOM Portugal, ICOM Working Group on Sustainability
ICOM Italy Youtube channel free lessons of HELP MOOC
- Global Museum Leadership Study and Knowledge Platform
Y INTERCOM in collaboration with ICOFOM, ICOM Czech Republic, ICOM India, ICOM Zambia, ICOM SEE
- Museum Tendencies and Perspectives: Focus on Lithuania and Latvia
By ICOM Latvia in collaboration with ICOM Lithuania
Lithuanian and Latvian museum sector experience during COVID 19 restrictions and museums potential to attract regional audiences
Museums and Tourism: Tendencies and Perspectives Latvia’s Experience During the Pandemic
5 video interviews in collaboration with museum staff in Latvia: Museum “Riga Art Nouveau Centre”, Roja Sea Fishery Museum, Liepāja Museum, Bauska Museum, Museum “House of Aspazija”
- Ethical Collecting during the Pandemic: a shared space for museum professionals
By COMCOL in collaboration with IC ETHICS
- Virtual Museum Mediation: A Necessary Adaptation of Methods
By ICOM Belgium in collaboration with CECA
- Training the Trainers – Facilitated Workshops to train leaders in Conservation Risk Assessment (CRA)
By ICOM-CC in collaboration with DRMC, ICMS, ICTOP, INTERCOM
- The COVID19 Challenge: Museums and their digital engagement in times of crises
By MPR in collaboration with AVICOM, ICOM Germany
- Women artisans, weaving their memories through the forests of the Amazon. “Made with heart”
By ICOM Bolivia in collaboration with ICOM Peru, ICOM Ecuador
The ICOM Strategic Allocation Review Committee (SAREC) is intended to review the subvention applications submitted to ICOM by its Committees, Regional Alliances and Affiliated Organisations as they relate to the frame of the organisation’s Strategic Plan and based on their capacity of implementation while reaching their objectives with full consumption of the given funds.
Its tasks cover on the one hand the subventions for International Committees and Regional Alliances and on the other hand, the assessment of projects in order to review all the requests with the most comprehensive and strategic vision.