International Training Centre for Museum Studies (ICOM-ITC)
The ICOM International Training Centre for Museum Studies (ICOM-ITC) is a collaboration between ICOM, ICOM China and the Palace Museum in Beijing to offer training programmes to the growing community of museums.
The Centre develops these programmes with the participation of international and Chinese experts who give lectures and lead discussions and activities related to contemporary needs such as community engagement, social role of museums, developing partnerships, museum ethics, etc.
ICOM-ITC is intended to promote research and exchange among museums at an international level and develop the museum expertise of professionals from developing countries, especially those from the Asia-Pacific region. To this end, the Center regularly offers full and partial grants to ensure the participation of the selected participants.
Courses are offered twice per year, in English. The calls for applications are usually published in our web page and social networks.
The conditions to participate in the courses are:
- Having paid ICOM membership dues for two consecutive years including the current year of application, or, in the case of a new or reinstated ICOM membership, having paid membership dues for the year of application;
- Fluent in both written and spoken English;
- Occupying middle-management position in a recognised museum or public institution;
- Aged 45 years or under, by 31 December of the year of application.
Some of our last programmes are:
- Museums as learning environments: Developing relevant public programs, November 2019 in Yixing
- The Challenges of Museum Collections Today, April 2019 in Beijing
- Promoting your Museum: Make it relevant and attractive, November 2018 in Fuzhou
- Managing a Museum Today, April 2018 in Beijing
- Developing Engaging Museum Exhibitions, November 2017 in Beijing