The ICOM-ITC announces its next museum training programme, “Designing Engaging Museum Exhibitions”, that will be held from 6 to 14 November, 2017 in Beijing, China.
Outstanding international and Chinese experts will give lectures and conduct discussions and group work on museum topics such as exhibition development, visitor evaluation and marketing of exhibitions. The programme will include visits to local museums as well as a full-day excursion to cultural heritage sites in and around Beijing.
The ICOM-ITC training workshops in Beijing are intended primarily for ICOM members from emerging countries and countries of the Asian Pacific region.
Application Procedure for the ICOM-ITC training workshops
- Having paid their ICOM membership dues for two consecutive years including the current year of application, or, in the case of a new or reinstated ICOM membership, having paid membership dues for the year of application;
- Fluent in both written and spoken English;
- Occupying middle-management position in a recognised museum or public institution;
- Aged 45 years or under, by 31 December of the year of application.
By applying for the travel grant, the applicants agree to:
- Do preparatory work prior to the workshop – readings and homework;
- Participate in an evaluation of the workshop – both at the end of the workshop and a few weeks/months after the workshop.
An overall assessment of the applications will take into account the gender balance of the applicants as well as the range of types and sizes of museums where the applicants work.
In order to ensure the best results from the workshop, the number of participants will be limited to a maximum of 35, with about half of the participants from countries other than China. Applicants from emerging countries and from the Asian Pacific region will be given priority.
All applications must be accompanied by the following documents in English:
- A Curriculum Vitae of the applicant indicating training, work experience, publications and current work responsibilities (one page maximum);
- A fully completed Application Form;
- A motivation statement;
- A letter of recommendation from the director of the applicant’s institution;
- A copy of the first page of the passport. IMPORTANT: Your passport needs to be valid at least until 22 May 2018
The application form should be submitted with all the requested documents before Midnight (CET), July 15, 2017