Thirty museum professionals from French-speaking Africa will be invited to participate in a five-day workshop about marketing and fundraising for museums. The workshop will take place in Marrakech, from 24 to 28 June 2019, and a series of grants will be offered to the participants.
The project is the result of a collaboration between ICOM, the French Ministry of Culture, ICOM-Morocco and the Aman Museum for the Water Civilisation in Morocco.
The objective of the programme is to enhance the capacities of museums in the creation and development of innovative alliances and fundraising activities. Through participatory activities, seminars and lectures, the workshop is also offering a space for dialogue and reflection between museum professionals of the region.
Call for applications
To apply for this programme, candidates should meet the following criteria:
- Occupying middle-management position in a recognised museum of an African French-speaking country included in the list (see below);
- Being member of ICOM or committing to join the organisation if selected;
- Fluent in French;
- Aged 45 years or under by 31 December 2019.
Two types of grants will be offered to ensure the participation of the selected participants:
For museum professionals coming from countries included in the list (excepting those living in Marrakech) the programme will cover:
- participation costs;
- roundtrip economy-class air/train/bus ticket;
- meals and coffee breaks.
For participants living in Marrakech:
- participation costs;
- lunches and coffee breaks.
Visa costs, insurance coverage and other expenses not explicitly stated above are at the expenses of the participants.
Applications must be accompanied by the following documents in French:
- A motivation statement (one page);
- A Curriculum Vitae of the applicant indicating training, work experience, publications and current work responsibilities (one page maximum);
- A letter of recommendation from the director of the applicant’s institution;
- A copy of the first page of the passport. IMPORTANT: Your passport needs to be valid at least until 30 December 2019;
- Proof of payment of 2019 membership fees, if applicable (copy of the card with 2019 sticker or official document from the National Committee).
All applications should be submitted by filling the online form before midnight (CET+1), May 12, 2019.
List of countries
Central African Republic
Democratic Republic of the Congo