During the month of September, a German museum professional will be hosted at the Livingstone Museum in Zambia for the exchange programme between the two countries.
The programme, organised in collaboration with ICOM Germany, will last for 20 days and will enable the participant to explore the museum’s educational programmes for schools and collaborate on developing new educational strategies for the museum.
The programme during the participant’s stay will also include the following activities:
- Orientation – a tour of the museum, meeting the staff
- Presentation on educational programmes at Livingstone Museum
- Presentation by the Guest Researcher on past educational programmes
- School lecture at Livingstone Museum
- School cultural competition (poetry and dance) – including visits to the schools to observe rehearsals and check on progress
- Visits: Mukuni Village, Mosi-o-tunya National Park, Wayi Wayi Art Studio and Gallery, Choma Museum and Crafts Centre
- School excavation activity
- Participation in World Tourism Day activities
- Presentation by the participant on their experiences at the end of the stay