The International Council of Museum (ICOM) and ICOM Mexico are organizing a training programme for Latin American museum professionals in partnership with the ICOM International Committee for Marketing and Public Relations (MPR).
The training programme is designed to develop the skills and capacities of 30 museum professionals from Latin America and the Caribbean. Mid-career professionals from different fields and disciplines will benefit from lectures, workshops, and discussions and will also be responsible for disseminating the knowledge and expertise gained within their teams and to their collaborators.
Objective: Build capacities of museum professionals in the sector of marketing, audience development, and fundraising.
By the end of the course the participants will be able to:
- develop a communication and marketing plan to meet the needs and expectations of audiences and stakeholders
- propose innovative interaction actions using digital technologies
- recognise the value of strategic planning
- identify the marketing and fundraising needs and opportunities of each museum
- propose and apply creative strategies for the creation and development of partnerships and fundraising for different audiences
The successful candidates must be committed to participating in all activities and to complete the entire programme.
Call for applications – Criteria
To apply for this programme, candidates should meet the following criteria:
- Being a member of ICOM or committing to join the organisation if selected;
- Occupying a middle-management position in a museum of Latin America;
- Aged 45 years or under by 31 December 2023;
- Fluent in Spanish.
The following documents in Spanish must accompany applications:
- A Curriculum Vitae of the applicant indicating training, work experience, publications, and current work responsibilities (one or two pages maximum);
- A fully completed Application Form (see below);
- A motivation statement (one page);
- A letter of recommendation from the director of the applicant’s institution;
- Proof of payment of 2023 membership fees, if applicable (copy of the card with 2023 sticker or official document from the National Committee);
- A copy of the first page of the applicant’s passport (ID for Mexican candidates). IMPORTANT: Your passport must be valid until 31 March 2024.
All applications should be submitted through the online form before midnight (CET+1), 4 August 2023.
Types of grants
Two types of grants will be offered to ensure the participation of the selected participants:
For museum professionals coming from Latin American countries (except those living in Mexico City) the programme will cover:
- roundtrip economy-class air/bus ticket;
- lunches and coffee breaks.
For participants living in Mexico City:
- lunches and coffee breaks.
Visa costs, insurance coverage, and other expenses not explicitly stated above are at the expense of the participants.